Ayurveda is the oldest medical system in the world and seeks to harmonize our minds, bodies and souls for optimal health and life fulfillment. It is a complete and profound system, and as Karine likes to say "It will change your life"! She looks forward to helping others discover their mind-body type and recommend ayurvedic natural healing tools to balance and prevent illness.
So what is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda, the 5,000-year-old healing system founded in ancient India, is derived from the Sanskrit words ayus meaning life, and veda meaning wisdom. Ayurveda- the wisdom of life, offers a proven guide for a life of happiness, vitality, love and purpose. From the Ayurvedic perspective, human beings are not viewed as mere thinking physical machines, but rather as fields of intelligence in dynamic exchange with the energy and information of the environment.
Health is more than the absence of disease.
Health is a state of vibrant balance in which all the layers of one’s life are integrated. Ayurveda provides tools to enhance your physical and emotional well being via conscious choice making, and enlivening and nourishing the connection between mind, body and spirit.
What can I learn from Ayurveda?
As a graduate of The Chopra Center University, Karine can teach you to easily bring balance and healing into your life using Ayurveda. You can learn a powerful regimen of Ayurvedic practices designed to balance the body and mind, enhance nutrition, reduce emotional turbulence and re-awaken the senses.
The primary teaching tools of Ayurveda include meditation, yoga and an understanding of the three primary mind-body personalities: vata, pitta, and kapha.
Based on your own unique mind-body type:
- you can learn how to select and use the most nourishing foods for you. These nutritional practices will help you maintain vibrant health, appropriate weight, and optimized digestion.
- you can learn to perpetually renew yourself each day by recognizing and eliminating toxins and by performing gentle rejuvenating techniques.
- you can learn tools to practice conscious communication to enhance your relationships and help you achieve emotional freedom.
- you can learn to use your senses to access the power of your body’s inner pharmacy to heal, nourish, and maintain balance.
How will Ayurveda affect my life?
Today, doctors are increasingly citing stress as a major contributing factor to most illnesses. Our bodies and minds react to it by shifting out of balance, which ultimately creates physical challenges and emotional turbulence that impact our lives at home, at work, and at play. In time, we can find ourselves in toxic relationships and non-nourishing patterns of eating, sleeping, and digestion. Ayurveda will help you identify the imbalances in your life, teach you how to correct them, and help you develop a nurturing daily routine. You can also learn to release emotions in a healthy way so that they don’t build up in your physiology. Most importantly, as your stress is eliminated, your mind and body begin to function with maximum effectiveness, creating health, vitality and happiness.
Doctor's and health professionals agree that by practicing Ayurvedic techniques you will be able to:
• Reduce stress • Identify your mind-body personality • Improve your digestion and sleep patterns • Release emotional toxicity • Create optimal daily nutrition • Lower your blood pressure
Be Well. Be Uplifted!